Refinishing and Resurfacing Aftercare/Warranty
Bathtub, Sink & Tile Preparation
please note, New Look Refinishing does not warranty KITCHEN sinks.
Touch Up Kit Instructions PDF
Before your appointment, please note the following information:
- There can be no dust raising work done during our appointment
- Before the technician arrives:
– Any dripping faucets must be repaired.
– If we are refinishing tile, please be sure to repair any missing or loose grout.
– Remove the shower curtain and any personal items such as cups, soap, shampoo bottles, rugs, etc.
- The fixture we are refinishing must be plumbed in.
- The Technicians will need:
– In the winter months, heat.
– Access to a window within 20’ to vent out.
– A power outlet within 20’ of the bathroom.
- The technician will remove caulking around the Bathtub prior to refinishing and resurfacing, and replace it when finished.
- It will take the technician between 2-4 hours to complete the work. Please feel free to ask the technician any questions you may have concerning the refinishing process.
- Please have cash or a check for the full amount ready for the technician after the work has been completed.
Care and Maintenance for Bathtub, Sink or Tile
Congratulations! You have selected the most durable refinishing and resurfacing system available in the country.
HSLD-5000 has been used in over 4 million successful applications nationwide, and by following the guidelines below, you will be assured of many years of trouble free service.
- Please do not use this surface for 24 hours (at room temperature). Although the refinished surface can be put back into full use after this time, the surface will actually require up to 90 days to completely cure.
- If you use a bathmat, it must not have suction cups. Use of a suction cup mat will increase the chance of damage to the surface whenever it is removed. Use of this type of mat will void your Warranty. New Look Refinishing can apply a non-slip surface to the bottom of the bathtub which will negate the need for a bathmat.
- The surface should be cleaned regularly. Any cleaning product that is safe for acrylic surfaces, such as Formula 409, Fantastik or Scrubbing Bubbles, used once a week, will keep the surface in like-new condition for years to come. Daily shower sprays should not be used.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaners or scrubbing pads on your new finish. Abrasives will scratch the surface.
- Please note: All newly refinished surfaces will have some surface dust which will have settled into the new surface. Do not be alarmed; Because the surface is still within its long term cure period, normal use and regular cleaning will remove all minor surface dust marks.
- Do not leave shampoo bottles, soaps, or soap containers on the surface. The chemicals in some products can cause the surface to discolor within a short time. Use of a shower caddy™ or shelving system is recommended.
- Do not drop sharp or heavy objects onto the surface, which may cause it to chip. Contact New Look Refinishing for repairs if this should occur. Failure to do so within 14 days can result in further damage and will void your guarantee.
- Damage to the surface may occur through the improper use of acid bearing compounds, such as drain openers or grout cleaners. All harmful chemicals must be kept away from the refinished surface. These chemicals include, but are not limited to: cosmetics, hair dyes, and perfumes, which may stain or otherwise mar the surface.
Remember, If you treat your new surface with respect, clean it regularly, and follow the above guidelines, your fixture will remain shiny and bright and give you years of trouble free service. If you have any questions, you can refer to our FAQs, or you can contact us if you do not see an answer to your question.